God is love. It is important that young school going children at this tender age understand the love of God and the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our dedicated Catechists prepare lessons based on a syllabus for their faith formation. They prepare the children for the Sacrament of Reconciliation, First Holy Communion in Primary, followed by continuous faith formation leading to their Confirmation in Secondary. The children are expected to attend at least 80% of the classes before they proceed to the next level.
- Catechism classes is on Every Sunday from 9.30am. (No classes during school holidays).
Interested in joining our Catechetical Team? Have a passion for instructing our young ones in the faith and sharing the love of Christ with them? Have a heart for building young Christian communities?
If so, consider being a Catechist!
- Catholic adults 21 years and above
- Actively practicing the faith and be in good standing with Mother Church
- Must be willing to sign a legal document of Professional Standard that seek to protect the children
- Must be willing to primarily share the love of Christ to the children
- Must be willing to undergo training in the art of Catechesis and be prepared to constantly update one’s faith and approach to it.
Contact: Lucy Netto, coordinator Tel 9787 6009